Welcome to 5th Grade!
This is an exciting time as students enter into departmentalized scheduling. As students get specialized instruction in each of their subjects, it is especially important to be organized and to come to school prepared. So, here are some important reminders:
- Please make sure homework assignments for each subject are written down into the homework planner every day. (EVG will provide students with a HW planner on the first day of school.) If you don’t understand the HW, please make sure you ask the respective teacher before going home.
- Come to school on time. You are expected to go to your lockers before school starts and pack up for your morning classes. Your class starts when the bell rings at 8:00. There is no homeroom period, so if you are late, you are missing valuable class time.
- If there is a change in dismissal procedure, please make sure you bring in a note or a parent/guardian contacts your homeroom teacher via email.
- EVG is a NUT-FREE school. Do not bring in lunch or snack items that contain nuts of any kind for the safety of all students.
- Most importantly, if you have any concerns or questions, let me know. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school at 201-945-4106.